Over 100 detailed waste surveys have been carried out to date under the Green Healthcare Programme, across 37 facilities.
- 30 General Waste surveys
- 30 Healthcare Risk Waste surveys
- 27 Food Waste surveys,
- 6 Bin Placement surveys
- 4 Water Flow measurements
- 1 Hazardous Waste Survey
- 1 Out of Office Energy Assessment
These surveys cover the following types of facilities:
- Acute hospitals (over 50% of national bed capacity)
- Primary community continuing care (PCCC) facilities
- Childrens’ hospitals
The results of these surveys have been given to all the hospitals and facilities surveyed and detailed recommended actions have been presented to them by the Green Healthcare Programme to achieve significant cost savings and resource efficiencies. This is invaluable information for the healthcare sector to implement their own programmes of activities.