Healthcare risk waste
Activities and support in relation to healthcare risk waste:
- Bio-systems reusable risk waste containers for Acute Hospitals.
- Free healthcare risk waste segregation training from Stericycle:
– on-line & in-person training – classroom or ward-based
- Training available on reducing healthcare risk waste and costs, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Guide on good practice in bin placement – how to optimise the types, locations and size of bins in terms of yellow risk waste bins, general waste bins, and recycling bins.
- A list of best practices in Irish hospitals in terms of measures to reduce healthcare risk waste amounts and increase recycling.
Activities and support in relation to waste:
- Monthly Training outlining healthcare specific good practices on waste reduction and increasing recycling, from observations in healthcare facilities. The overall aim of the training is to provide a non-technical overview of healthcare waste reduction.
- Available to all HSE staff or budget holders in a hospital or community health setting responsible for waste, and HSE Green Team members.
- Bin stickers and Posters for recycling bins, general waste bins, and food bins to help show staff how to segregate waste correctly.
- Guide on good practice in bin placement – how to optimise the types, locations and size of bins in terms of yellow risk waste bins, general waste bins and recycling bins.