A HSE Water Workshop was held in Tullamore at the Midlands Regional Hospital on 10th October 2017. Speakers and presentations were as follows:
- Irish Water presentation to the HSE – Yvonne Harris, Michael Quirke, Andrew Boylan, Darragh Murphy, Irish Water
- Water use and efficiency in Irish hospitals – Colum Gibson, Green Healthcare
- Water Outage Drogheda – Michael Quirey, HSE Estates
- Case study water management Connolly hospital – Bill O’Reilly, Connolly Hospital, Blanchardstown
- Reverse Osmosis Water Harvesting – Paul Moloney, Midlands Regional Hospital Tullamore
The event was used to launch the Water Efficiency guide. The guide looks at efficient water use in a healthcare setting, and includes benchmarking of Irish healthcare facilities in terms of water use.
Green Healthcare has also documented a series of case studies related to water efficiency in Irish healthcare facilities, along with water-related factsheets and a ‘How to’ guide, which can be viewed here.
The Green Healthcare programme is co-funded by the National Health Sustainability Office of the HSE and the Environmental Protection Agency.