The National Biodiversity Data Centre has a number of campaigns:
- Sign up as a supporter of the All Ireland Pollinator Plan, which can include healthcare facilities.
- ‘No mow May’, a campaign run across May to help pollinators.
- A campaign for World Bee Day, 20th May.
The National Biodiversity Data Centre has practical guides and resources including the following which would be applicable to healthcare facilities:
- Business actions and local community actions to help pollinators and signage
- Top ten ways to help pollinators
- A guide on pollinator friendly grass cutting
- How to Guide – creating meadows in local communities and gardens – how to transform grassy areas into semi-natural grassland
Irish healthcare facilities are taking action to promote biodiversity, along with green spaces for physical and mental wellbeing. Some examples are as follows:
- Mayo University Hospital is drawing up a biodiversity plan for their campus.
- Sligo University Hospital herb garden for renal patients